CardDAV Browser gives you a quick and easy way to connect to a CardDAV server and view vCard details.
- Add-On Pages: Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey
- License: Mozilla Public License, version 2.0
- Status: Fully reviewed by Mozilla.
- Current Version for Firefox: 7.0
- Current Version for Thunderbird: 7.0
- Current Version for SeaMonkey: 6.2
CardDAV Server Information
- Unsupported CardDAV Servers:
- 1) Google (Uses OAuth for authentication).
- 2) Yahoo (Uses OAuth for authentication).
- 3) SOGo Open Source Groupware (Is not standards compliant).
- Certain binary vCard fields (eg: Photo, Logo and Sound) are not displayed.
- Only 100% CardDAV compliant servers are supported (tested using DAViCal).
- The only authentication systems available are those built in to Firefox (OAuth is not currently supported).
CardDAV Browser Empty Dialog
CardDAV Browser With vCards Loaded
vCard Details - Contact
vCard Details - Details
vCard Details - Address
vCard Details - Address Pull-down Menu
vCard Details - Address Showing Different Element
vCard Details - Label Pull-down Menu
vCard Details - Label Showing Different Element
vCard Details - Misc
vCard Details - Notes
vCard Details - Graphics
vCard Details - Other
Add To Addressbook Dialog
Add To Addressbook Dialog - Pull-down Menu
SSL Certificate Error Report
- Version 7.0 - 8 June 2022
- Firefox and Thunderbird only! This is the first version written as a MailExtension and not all features of previous versions are currently available.
- Version 6.2 - 5 June 2018
- 1) If there is an SSL certificate error and you add an exception then CardDAV Browser will automatically re-try to access the server and download the vCards.
- Version 6.1 - 2 May 2018
- 1) Minor improvement to SSL Certificate error handling.
- Version 6.0 - 30 April 2018
- 1) Improved the handling of SSL certificate errors. The user is now asked if they want to add an exception.
- Version 5.1 - 24 November 2017
- 1) Added the ability manually specify the username and password or use the automatic system in the Mozilla software.
- Version 5.0 - 29 October 2017
- 1) Corrected a standards compliance issue that was reported to me.
- 2) Improved user feedback during server connection and contact processing.
- 3) Improved error reporting.
- Version 4.0 - 6 May 2017
- 1) Further improvements to the initial download and processing speed.
- 2) Redesigned the vCard display.
- 3) You can now add a vCard to your addressbook (SeaMonnkey and Thunderbird only) or export the vCard.
- Version 3.0 - 19 April 2016
- 1) Improved initial download and processing speed.
- 2) All text and number fields can now be copied by right-clicking on them.
- 3) Redesigned the display of vCard details.
- Version 2.1 - 28 June 2015
- 1) Added clickable links for URLs and email addresses.
- 2) Added support for the Photo element.
- 3) Added support for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
- 4) Minor bug fixes.
- Version 2.0 - 18 August 2014
- 1) Improved reporting of network errors including SSL certificate errors.
- 2) Added support for ownCloud and Baikal.
- Version 1.0 - 24 July 2014
- Initial release.
The icon used for this extension is derived from an icon in the "Tango Icon Theme" which was released into the public domain by its copyright holders.