CardDAV Browser gives you a quick and easy way to connect to a CardDAV server and view vCard details.
Once installed the menu entry will appear under the "Tools" menu. If you are using Firefox and the main menu bar is hidden then the entry can be found under "Developer" in the "burger stack" menu.
You can copy any text or number entry when viewing a vCard by right-clicking on that entry.
- Mozilla Add-Ons Page: CardDAV Browser
- License: Mozilla Public License, version 2.0
- Status: Fully reviewed by Mozilla.
- Current Version: 6.2
- Supported Applications: Firefox (before 57.0), Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
- Source Code: Download
CardDAV Server Information
- Unsupported CardDAV Servers:
- 1) Google (Uses OAuth for authentication)
- 2) Yahoo (Uses OAuth for authentication)
- 3) SOGo Open Source Groupware (Is not standards compliant. See here for more information).
- 4) ownCloud version 9 doesn't work in my testing (Version X does work).
- Certain binary vCard fields (eg: Sound) are not displayed.
- Only 100% CardDAV compliant servers are supported (tested using DAViCal)
- The only authentication systems available are those built in to Firefox (OAuth is not currently supported).
CardDAV Browser Empty Dialog
CardDAV Browser With vCards Loaded
vCard Details - Contact
vCard Details - Details
vCard Details - Address
vCard Details - Address Pull-down Menu
vCard Details - Address Showing Different Element
vCard Details - Label Pull-down Menu
vCard Details - Label Showing Different Element
vCard Details - Misc
vCard Details - Notes
vCard Details - Graphics
vCard Details - Other
Add To Addressbook Dialog
Add To Addressbook Dialog - Pull-down Menu
SSL Certificate Error Report
- Version 6.2 - 5 June 2018
- 1) If there is an SSL certificate error and you add an exception then CardDAV Browser will automatically re-try to access the server and download the vCards.
- Version 6.1 - 2 May 2018
- 1) Minor improvement to SSL Certificate error handling.
- Version 6.0 - 30 April 2018
- 1) Improved the handling of SSL certificate errors. The user is now asked if they want to add an exception.
- Version 5.1 - 24 November 2017
- 1) Added the ability manually specify the username and password or use the automatic system in the Mozilla software.
- Version 5.0 - 29 October 2017
- 1) Corrected a standards compliance issue that was reported to me.
- 2) Improved user feedback during server connection and contact processing.
- 3) Improved error reporting.
- Version 4.0 - 6 May 2017
- 1) Further improvements to the initial download and processing speed.
- 2) Redesigned the vCard display.
- 3) You can now add a vCard to your addressbook (SeaMonnkey and Thunderbird only) or export the vCard.
- Version 3.0 - 19 April 2016
- 1) Improved initial download and processing speed.
- 2) All text and number fields can now be copied by right-clicking on them.
- 3) Redesigned the display of vCard details.
- Version 2.1 - 28 June 2015
- 1) Added clickable links for URLs and email addresses.
- 2) Added support for the Photo element.
- 3) Added support for Thunderbird and SeaMonkey.
- 4) Minor bug fixes.
- Version 2.0 - 18 August 2014
- 1) Improved reporting of network errors including SSL certificate errors.
- 2) Added support for ownCloud and Baikal.
- Version 1.0 - 24 July 2014
- Initial release.
The icon used for this extension is derived from an icon in the "Tango Icon Theme" which was released into the public domain by its copyright holders.